Monday, 1 February 2016

Release Party


Well we're nearly here. The release date has been set for The Running Game, as has an event party, blog tour and who knows what else... seriously, I have no idea what's going on. I'm in full panic mode. It seems crazy that I feel this week has caught me off guard, after all I've had months to prepare for it! But I guess it's just nerves. My natural, self-preserving pessimism has kicked in and I'm expecting it to all go horribly wrong.

Actually I think what's really freaking me out is that for over a year I've done no marketing. When Booktrope picked up The Running Game I figured I'd just put everything on hold for release day... well that's this Wednesday, which means the promotion baton needs to be picked up again and I have to start flogging my work. I don't mind telling you I'm feeling a bit rusty and the old bones are creaking at the prospect.

My hermit year is over. It's time to face the music. Cue the big band, let's go out on stage and perform. And that's what I'll be doing for this entire month, probably for this entire year. So come and join me, it'll either be awesome or a car crash disaster... either way you won't want to miss it.

My Release Party will be on Facebook on the 3rd, with lots of my author friends and prizes and you can join here:

1 comment:

mackyton said...

Sounds amazing to me! Music release parties are really fun and amazing. Last week, I attended a party at local Chicago venues. It was amazing and really enjoyed party music there. It was a memorable experience!