Monday, 20 July 2015

No Rest for the Wicked.

I'm not saying I'm crazy but... I came into work on my day off today to get a difficult job done before I settle into a week of holiday time. Now holiday time for me is going to be spent juggling a petulant 6 year old only interested in sharking me at cards, a needy dog who wants to stand wherever I'm standing, and a whole load of writing based chaos with a yesterday deadline.

Now my rush job at the office is delayed and I'm sat here, cradling a cup of coffee, watching the precious hours slip away. These precious minutes of waste time are like gold dust in my life at the moment and I can't afford to give them up. I guess that's why I'm blogging. Although if I'm blogging about wasting my time but using said time to post a blog then technically it's not wasted...

I said I'm not crazy right? Maybe I lied.

Anyway I have a right to be on edge. My editor is getting my manuscript back to me this week and I am desperately trying to finish a short story for an anthology coming up before all attention turns to The Running Game. Not to mention a whole heap of proofreading jobs that have suddenly come in. Sorry son, I think you'll be playing solitaire for a couple of weeks.

Oh well, mustn't complain. It's better to be busy, idle hands and all that. And there is no rest for the wicked. And wicked I most certainly am.

No comments: