Sunday, 5 January 2014

The Siege of Ignottia - D. Manuel Mendonca

Happy new year everyone. Finally I am sober enough to be online and respectful again. And to kick off 2014 here is an extract from D. Manuel Mendonca's book The Siege of Ignottia, enjoy...

The Siege of Ignottia (excerpt) - D. Manuel Mendonca

Raven walks away from her friends and lays down on the ground facing the fire.  Andrew places his hand on his face and sighs knowing he had said the wrong things to her.  Owen looks at Andrew with a smirk and lets out a small chuckle before shaking his bow back to compact size.  He walks away from Clara and Andrew and makes himself comfortable on the ground as well.
     “I didn’t mean it the way it came out,” Andrew says, turning towards Clara.
     “I know you didn’t.  But sometimes the best intentions hurt the most, they remind us of our limitations,” Clara smiles at him as she places her hand on his shoulder. “Don’t worry about it right now, get some sleep I’m sure things will be better in the morning.”
     “I don’t know if I’ll be able to sleep,” Andrew says with a sigh.
     “Well its better if you try.  You’re no good to us if you’re tired,” Clara says with a smile before she starts to walk away.  She stops after a couple of steps and looks back at the young looking wolf who is hanging his head in shame, “for what it’s worth, thank you for watching over us.  Good to know someone else cares.”
From the Author: I like to think I am an average person, working long hours in a kitchen and spending my free time with my wife.  I also enjoy ghost hunting and anything paranormal.

If you want a spot in the Limelight email me at lefitzpatrick@hotmail.co.uk


No comments: